Children's Ministry Summary-Fall 2018
There are many changes a foot here in children's ministry, so I want to provide a clear and concise summary of the various offerings this year.
1. This is a Tri-parish ministry open to the parishes of Christ King, St. Bernard, and St. Pius X.
2. This ministry proclaims Christ and makes disciples through the Sacramental life of the Church.
3. Right now, we offer 4 main programs:
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (K3-K5)
Kid's Small Groups (K5-5th Grade)
Preparation for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Communion (which is basically attending a Kid's Small Group plus 3 additional retreats during the year).
4. None of these programs are compulsory. We are moving away from a "check the box" type of ministry and toward a relationship-building ministry centered around Jesus Christ. You can only do family program? Great! Your family wants to do all 4 options listed above? Wonderful! You know best what your families capacity is for growth in your faith life--however, the goal is to be growing in your relationship with Christ. Choose what will best help you, your family, and you child(ren) do just that!
5. Parents are encouraged to grow along with your child this year through various opportunities offered by their home parish (i.e. adult small groups) or by taking an active role in children's ministry (i.e. Kid's small group leader, CGS catechist, materials maker, etc.).
I am looking forward to a great year!
Tri-Parish Director of Formation for Children